Thursday, September 10, 2009

WarHeads Super Sour Spray Candy

I was walking through the aisles of CVS looking for some new candy that I had never tried before, when the bright pink packaging caught my eye. WarHeads Super Sour Spray Candy! What?! WarHeads makes a spray candy?? When I was younger I had their hard candy all the time but I hadn’t even heard the name WarHeads in at least ten years so this instantly brought me back to the good ol’ days. Days when the only responsibility I had was to be home before the street lights came on. There was no hesitation in me, I grabbed the little spray bottle and went straight for the checkout line.
Sitting in class I was actually pretty nervous about trying the spray. I could still remember the sour, cringing face that the hard candy would twist my mug in to. Now it was time to try it and there was a little nervous hesitation. I was excited but still pretty cautious. I twisted the top off, held the bottle up to my tongue, pressed down on the spray nozzle and cringed… strike one. Nothing had come out. I did the same thing again… strike two. Still nothing was coming out. I decided to press down on it rapid fire now but before I could slow down I had already shot three bursts of Super Sour Spray into my mouth. My heart skipped a beat. I was wondering if it was even humanly possible to handle that much sourness. Sadly, the spray did not live up to the fond memories of my youth. I could have probably gotten more of a thrill by sucking on a lemon. The candy was good but it was nowhere near as sour as I remembered the hard candy being and for a product that touts itself as Super Sour it was a major disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment