Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fresh Prune!!!

The supermarket: a place overflowing with various smells, crying children, screaming parents, airborne germs and semi wet floors. I sometimes hate going to the supermarket just because of those things, but there is one thing that continuously attracts me to that loathed place, the PRODUCE SECTION, filled with hosts of fruit and vegetables, almost anything and everything you could think of, from Broccoli to that fruit that you just wish you did not have the nerve to taste. What I hate most about supermarkets and the produce section of supermarkets to be more specific is the fact that not everything is appropriately labeled. Last week that exact thing happened to me, I walked into my local grocery store, bee lining it to the produce section, to pick up some of my favorite fruits and vegetables, at the grocer I came across what I thought was a miniature plum (but it was in fact unlabeled) and plucked into my shopping handheld basket which was already weighed down with some tasty produce. When I got home, I looked at the mysterious fruit I had picked up and eventually still thinking it was a plum, threw into the crisper of my miniature refrigerator. A week later, I pulled it out and decided to try one…and it was a HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT! Upon further inspection I figured out what I thought was a miniature plum was actually a PRUNE (and I thought prunes were only that dried food that you should eat when you just are that well regular if you know what I mean). I had come to that realization only after I had finished eating it and all I could think of in my head was, I HOPE I WON’T HAVE TO SHIT A TON TODAY!!! Oh how, that damn prune tricked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment