The bright blue bag had the all too familiar "Quaker Head in the top, which of course signaled that is was quality and had to be delicious. This was a new flavor to me, "Chocolate! Light, Crispy, Crunkh!" The pictures were mini sizes of the giant rice cakes we knew as a kid. the smaller, more convenient size was maybe to play up that they still don't taste like Strofoam patties. Along with the new size, the Quaker Snacks were now chocolate. Unpon observing this I found that it wasn't a chocolate coating of any type, but more like someone had painted on watered down chocolate onto the cakes. The picture on the bag also diplayed small chocolate kisses on the cakes, of whice i found none within the bag.
I finally bit into the bite size snack and found that it actually tasted of chocolate! I would have never guess this, it was a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, the after taste of Stryofoam kicked in soon after. They have still not found a way to hide this prominent and healthy taste, not even with flavorsome chocolate. Also, while i ate this tiny disc I found I could not hear anything going on around me. Quaker Snacks are really crunchy, and not something i would eat in a silent room. Actually, these are not snacks that i would eat anywhere, unless I wanted to lose weight or not have food with flavor. The old giant rice cakes have now become bite size, but with the same Styrofoam flavor and a hint of chocolate.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment