Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Shea Mahoney
Hey everyone. My name is Kerry Mahoney but I go my middle name which is Shea. I am from Herndon, Virginia (NoVA as most people from there would call it). I live 20 miles away from Washington D.C. In my home town I have one of the largest malls in the country. It's a lot different than the New River Mall that we have here! When I'm not studying, I like to watch the TV shows Gossip Girl and 90210. When I'm home I work as a manager of a restaurant. I have worked in restaurants since I was 14. I love working. I also love motorcycles and recently got my motorcycle license. I also love dirt bikes, field hockey, sleeping, eating, camping, and basically anything outdoors. I live in Lee Hall (505 to be exact) with a girl that I met on Facebook from Baltimore, Maryland. I have two older siblings. My sister, Tara, just graduated from VT as a biology major. My brother, Rylan, is currently a junior at VT. That's pretty much the basics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goldfish S’mores Adventures
ReplyDeleteSubmitted by Shea Mahoney
When I think of camping, I think of sneaking away with friends and boyfriends for the weekend in pickup trucks to far away deserted towns without my parent’s permission. At the time, I thought camping was an adventure. When Pepperidge Farm thought of a camping “adventure” they paired a little goldfish with a hat and a sleeping bag hanging out with friends around a campfire. Since when can fish go camping and make s’mores without dying of the lack of water? Maybe that’s the adventure they were referring to. Like, hey guys! How crazy would it be if we hop out of water and try to go camping and the last one alive, wins! Maybe it was some sort of game for the fish. I don’t even know why they’re still called “Goldfish” because they’re rarely ever gold in color nowadays.
The graham snack trio is supposed to be some new commodity when in reality, the marshmallows are nothing but condensed pieces of sugar that taste exactly like the charms in Lucky Charms. The “chocolate” lacks the moist, gooey mess that original s’mores once had. Instead, they taste like the 100-calorie pack Oreo crisps. If I were trying to diet, I wouldn’t be buying something named s’mores. So while the Goldfish on the packaging die around the campfire because they’re no longer in water, I’ll simply be dying because I just wasted three dollars on some healthy whole grain snack that tried to trick me into buying something that looked oh so fun on the shelf.