Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Monica Fikes

Hello class, my name is Monica Fikes. I was born in Atlanta, Georgia and like quite a few Hokies I am from Northern Virginia. I have called the small city of Alexandria, aka The AVA, home for the past nine years. I came to Tech to become an engineer, most likely mechanical. I participated in STEP 2009 and I am in the WING program in Slusher Hall. Since my roommate has yet to come, when I am not studying or sleeping, I enjoy wandering the halls talking to friends, going to Rita’s, and staying active.
I love playing sports; my favorites include basketball, lacrosse, and volleyball. I played on the varsity basketball team for four years at TC Williams HS as well as the track and lacrosse team for two seasons. My high school roster lists me as a point guard but I am really a post player at heart. If anyone wants to play a pick-up game I am down, just let me know. I also play the alto saxophone and cannot wait for football season to kick into gear because I love marching bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment