Hi Everyone,
My name is Aneela and I’m from Arlington, VA but was born in Kashmir, which is a disputed territory in South Asia. I still have many childhood memories of growing up in the Kashmir with my family and friends. I came to America when I was eight years old and have lived in the same zip code for ten years but now I live in Slusher Wing for Hypatia. I plan to study engineering but am not 100% sure which type of engineer I want to be. But I know I want to focus on engineering related to water or the environment. It was recently that I decided that I wanted to pursue engineering and before I was sure I wanted to study medicine.
When I’m not studying, I like to read books if I don’t have to write papers for them. My favorite books include; A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Kite Runner, To Kill A Mockingbird, Pride And Prejudice, The Color Of Water, Night, The Princess Bride, Jane Eyre, The picture of Dorian Gray, Nectar in a Sieve and Divine Comedy(Dante’s inferno). Other than reading I like to listen to Desi (South Asian) music, watch Korean/Indian soap operas and hang out with my friends and family.
Even though I enjoy science and math, I also really like politics and world affairs. I usually try to keep up with world affairs by reading and watching news. I usually stick with NPR, Al-Jazeera and BBC but occasionally will watch CNN. My interest in politics probably comes from the fact that I came from an area that is greatly affected by war and political corruption. I hope to keep up with world affairs even when I’m studying engineering.
Finally, it might be shocking to know I can speak several languages but can only write English.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment